Sailing and Virtual Reality

Whatever you want to talk about, do it right here!

marineverse
mousse

Sailing and Virtual Reality

Post by marineverse »

Ahoy Skippers,

I've found your community googling for "Sailing" and "Virtual Reality".

Nice to meet you! I've watched demos of VS5 on Youtube and it looks really impressive. I am on mac, but planning to get Windows PC soon and then I will get this game for sure :-)

Anyone here interested in virtual reality? Google Cardobard, GearVR or Rift/Vive?

I am working on a project, trying to combine new wave of VR hardware with sailing. Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what to build + feedback on content I've already created.

Would anyone be interested in checking out some of my Google Cardboard sailing apps?

Thank you,
Greg
MarineVerse - All about sailing in virtual reality
Skiffie
Capitaine

Post by Skiffie »

Ahoy marineverse (Greg) and well met.

That sounds like an interesting concept. Waterproof VR hardware, a fan and a mate with a bucket of icy water while you sit in the bathtub might bring some realism to this game! (jks!!)

Have a hunt around these forums for how to play the game on Mac with an emulator, apparently it can be done (from memory).

Things are a lot quiet here now from the game's hey-day but you still see a few hard core fans popping in, so stick with it.

Cheers!
Skiffie (Mark)
marineverse
mousse

VR Regatta

Post by marineverse »

Hi Mark,

I've "upgraded" recently to Windows 10 ... but it looks like I can't run the game with a new graphics card?

Since my last post I've made some progress on the game I am working on - VR Regatta - I thought members of this community might find it interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHgjXsLFC9U
MarineVerse - All about sailing in virtual reality
Caper
mousse

Post by Caper »

I'm running on windows 10. Every time I start the game it takes me through about 4 or 5 different warnings that my graphics is not registered and the game may not work but it runs without a hitch on maximum graphics quality.
Boat Name: Red Dragon

Don't take life too seriously, it's not like you'll get out alive!
Alx
Matelot

Post by Alx »

Caper wrote:I'm running on windows 10. Every time I start the game it takes me through about 4 or 5 different warnings that my graphics is not registered and the game may not work but it runs without a hitch on maximum graphics quality.
Just use the VSK5 shortcut --- not the VSK5Launcher
ttw2020.wordpress.com
shahpayal
mousse

Post by shahpayal »

That's great! I'd love to play this game. Where to find your Google Cardboard sailing apps?
kumarip
mousse

Off Topic

Post by kumarip »

Thanks for the information.
Wheelko
mousse

Post by Wheelko »

There were a reddit discussion about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... like_this/