Spam, spam and more spam

Whatever you want to talk about, do it right here!

diades
Matelot

Spam, spam and more spam

Post by diades »

I have no idea whatsoever as to whether or not the powers that be at Nadeo or, at least, those that administer these forums will read this but, could something be done regarding the plethora or spam being served on the menu these days? If you are too busy then perhaps increase the permissions of one of the trusted moderators to be able to carry out the task.

Apart from being annoying having to sort through the rubbish to get to post that are germain to the subject they are (from the point of view of a long time forum administrator) - bloody annoying!
Alx
Matelot

Post by Alx »

second that
ttw2020.wordpress.com
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Re: Spam, spam and more spam

Post by Camster »

diades wrote:I have no idea whatsoever as to whether or not the powers that be at Nadeo or, at least, those that administer these forums will read this but, could something be done regarding the plethora or spam being served on the menu these days? If you are too busy then perhaps increase the permissions of one of the trusted moderators to be able to carry out the task.
Thanks for this post. The level of spam has increased and the moderators have been removing many posts daily. We have asked Nadeo to delete the spammers form the members' list and to update the forum to help prevent the problem.

Unfortunately there has been no action from Nadeo about this. Although I had a PM saying that someone would take action, nothing has been done. Either the moderators should be given the powers to remove the spammers or one of the Nadeo team should do this.

Sandy
diades
Matelot

Post by diades »

Hi Sandy,

I realise, of course, that you guys can only do so much and that the 'final solution' can only be done via the top echelon. This thread is, apart from a rant, in support of you guys not a condemnation :)
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

Thanks Keith - I know that and I do appreciate your posting (no irony!), because I am hoping it helps us achieve some action.

:) Sandy
Ômr_etc
Capitaine

Post by Ômr_etc »

at least the spammers didn't spam this topic...
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

We are prodding the powers that be to do something. However, the entire country of France seems to take the month of August off... Maybe now that it is September someone is in the office to read the email!
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
diades
Matelot

Post by diades »

I see that spam is on the lunch menu again :(
Liese
Matelot

Post by Liese »

Moderators have not the power to ban & delete users?

Why can't i.e. Diades and some of the frequent (trusted) users not been added to the Moderator group?

Greets,
Joerg
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

More moderators would be fine by me! But I really would not wish this on a friend at the moment ...

We have a lot of spam again and the moderators are still unable to delete users. Until forum updates are installed and some measures to stop Bots regisering are implemented, this situation is likely to continue.

My PMs to the Nadeo admin & moderator have not been answered. No-one from Nadeo is replying on the moderator's section of the forum. It seems that despite posting a list of the spammers, no-one has removed any since September.
diades
Matelot

Post by diades »

Why can't i.e. Diades and some of the frequent (trusted) users not been added to the Moderator group?
Thanks but , no thanks! Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt, wrote the memoirs and did the film sequel. :)

There is also no point, what can 100 moderators do that the ones that we have now cannot do already (or not as the case may be).
Aquabat
Capitaine

Post by Aquabat »

I have emailed Florent / Aliona asking for help !! ..

I know this has been done before and I guess they are very busy on the `mania` side of things .. but at least I have tried ...
Rob
Aquabat
Capitaine

Post by Aquabat »

Also ..

Should the moderators leave the spam on for a few days so Nadeo can see how bad it is .. ?

Rob
Rob
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

Aquabat wrote:Also ..

Should the moderators leave the spam on for a few days so Nadeo can see how bad it is .. ?

Rob
Thanks Rob - I have left it there since yesterday and was thinking of having a mini-break at the moment!
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

Sandy, by all means, take a break! The bots always seem to post from 02:00 to 08:00 my time so you've always taken care of things by the time I log on (which isn't daily anyway).

I've just moved all of the spam I could find into the Moderator's forum. That will keep the public forums clean but still keep a record of the bot activity.

I figure if spambots are OK with Nadeo/UBISoft (the only ones that can do something about them) then they are OK with me.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.