Hosting - players signs that ..well leave it to host decide!

Whatever you want to talk about, do it right here!

Sampa
mousse

Hosting - players signs that ..well leave it to host decide!

Post by Sampa »

Hi.
As some of the older guys know, I have been a long time using the VSK game. I only wish to have some fun some hours a week. My game time is precious, so, I don´t accept that idiots, kids, babysitters, frustrated real world sailors, players who are trying to promote their ego for years and years in VSK, and some strange sick players. Therefore it seems I have developed some ways to "read" the signs of those guys and their babysitters. When they insist to behave like that, I bann them. I´m never in the mood to educate others.

Just fo some laughter, here are some my tips :)

When a player joins my server:

- doesn´t say at least "Hi" >> I get aware on his moves since pre start

- uses several nicknames/boat names, but from the login I still view his original identity>> I watch seriously - and it may be some thing sick!

- if before anything else he says GO? >> usually the server is up for only 1 minute in lobby mode and there are no sufficient boats to race

- if before anything else he says "Match Race? " >>there are only 2 boats, mine and his, the course is an olimpic design made for 12 boats, and I´ve been waiting for more for 2 minutes

- if before anything else he says "RST?" >> I have just done restart or he´s anxious - another case is that this idiot has no education and he never says HI to anyone in his world

- if before anything else he says "NPC?" >> he´s aware but not necessarily respects that, or 99% he is an ANALPHABET who can´t understand what I just wrote in chat No Penn Cancel = NPC

- if before anything else he says "Is this start?" >>he hasn´t yet read any instructions in chat, and will possibly be the first to leave the race before finish - or in some situaions he needs a Prozac

When a player joins my server:

- and just a few moment after I wrote in chat, he asks:"No Penn Cancel Race"? >>he has not understood that NPC means that, or he is distracted with his babysitter feeding his big mouth or in some cases he has been in VSK for some time but not figured out the meaning of NPC and other things that kick him everyday.

- and just a few moment after I write in chat, he asks:"Start?" >> he has not read the chat: This is Start!

- and just a few moment after I write in chat, he asks:"Can I cancel?" >>he knows its NPC and he is WRONG, o he is right but his friend is in trouble because both think they are better than the rules machine in game.

- and just a few moment after I write in chat, he asks:"Another Race? " >> he joined and a few minutes start he left with 2 pens and will maybe wait for next race to do it again - even if it takes 25 minutes

When:

- Players who come to join, are team racers or match racers or point searchers, and will act as they are good real sailors>>> I just tell them they are not welcome - if they insist the next day I bann them - if they still love to see me - I blacklist them. By the way, those are the first ones to leave after the race, and they never say bye or thanks. So..whatever anyway.

- I launch ACC races with winds form 10 to 20 (usually F5 in game) and some players say: "no wind?" >> I really dont know what to say and how to react, but for sure this guy is a car driver who likes convertibles at 300 mph.

- I cancel a start and do restart as a general call, after I see some 10 penns on start line and I read in chat: "Host, bad start?" >> I really beleive he doesnt know me and he is used to that kind of atitude with his friends.

- the chat has several hot keys phrases >> Im sure he is trying to show off his abilities and sympathy and wishes to share such enthusiasm (not inteesting at all for me), he is a good loud shouter and a terrible listener to instructions!

- I kindly ( say PLEASE) ask to use game chat only in English (THE CHAT IS THERE TO ORGANIZE COMMUNICATION AMONG PLAYERS - ABOUT THE RACE!!!) >> usually a Polish, or a Russian, or an Italian, or a French, or a Spanish, or a Brazilian, or an Aussie!!! will not respect that, or maybe only after I repeat my kind request 2 times, he will say timidly "sorry host"

- the chat is covered by nice words, very polite chat but some dificulty in understanding English language, and a "somewhat tense" talk >> it´s a French man or most probable: a French lady. Most are great, fantastic gentlemen, but some few are unable to respect others.

- the chat is covered by personal things and opinions, with all sort of flowers >> the player is Italian

And last, just few days ago, this happened:
- a player comes on port to upwind mark, as a port bager, and calls to other 3 boats: Room! Some moments after, I kindly ask him is he was bluffing. After some hesitation, he confirms: I was bluffing! >>>>I can only understand he is the worst player with the worst atitude in the one of the worst problem of the game. (mind you, he was Italian, from a well know team)

Mix it all up and try to host.

Anyway, hope you dont understand me badly. I am not against any nationality or culture. But I do praise that one needs to respect something which is common to all at certain moments: education and respect toa situation where many are involved in a virtual sailing game.

Edited on May 27th to make things clearer!
Last edited by Sampa on 27 May 2010, 21:09, edited 3 times in total.
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

Post by kiwi_bardy »

:) Love your work Jan.
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

- the chat is covered by personal things and opinions >> the player is Italian
I almost fell off my chair at this one :lol:
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
Alx
Matelot

Post by Alx »

That's a good set of ideas there Samba, although I will try to be a bit more lenient with all the different things you see in VSK...

Sometimes I enjoy the fun for example as you say the Italians make, or if I'm not really in the mood to chat or it is late at night I would enjoy a quite host with good players that don't really say much apart from the sailing things...

There are ofcourse good and bad sailors, fair and not so fair, people that have contributed to this community by discussing rules and all sorts of different ideas and people I only see in water and don't exchange a single word...

But if there were no people that are exploiting the rules to the maximum, then there would not have been a urge to look out for the fair ones... There are people in here that have so many posts and hours of writing that have used in my presence foul languagein a race that I don't have any respect for them...

I'm sure that if this game was played only by anglo-saxos, or spanish talking, or Italian-French, etc. it would have been boring... sometimes I have the feeling that the quantity of respect given is dependant on the language every one is speaking and that is not good

Alex
Sampa
mousse

Post by Sampa »

AlAx, or is it Alox, maybe Alix, or Alux? First of all write pelople´snickname at least correct. There´s a slight diference between my nick and Samba whicis a very tipical music and dance in Brazil. :lol:
anyway, it doesnt matter. Nothing of it.
Alx
Matelot

Post by Alx »

That was a good answer

BR, Alax :lol: :lol: :lol:
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

Alx wrote:I'm sure that if this game was played only by anglo-saxos, or spanish talking, or Italian-French, etc. it would have been boring
Absolutely.
Alx wrote:sometimes I have the feeling that the quantity of respect given is dependant on the language every one is speaking and that is not good
I hope you are not referring to my comment about finding humour in Sampa's comment about Italians. I think even Italians will agree that they are known for their... um ... passion. I think they are also known for having a sense of humour about it. In particular, see this short video on the differences between Italy and the rest of Europe. I've been told by a citizen of Rome that the bit about pedestrian crossings is particularly accurate.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
Lazy
mousse

Re: Hosting - players signs that ..well leave it to host dec

Post by Lazy »

Sampa wrote:Hi.
As some of the older guys know, I have been a long time using the VSK game. I only wish to have some fun some hours a week. My game time is precious, so, I don´t accept that idiots, kids, babysitters, frustrated real world sailors, players who are trying to promote their ego for years and years in VSK, and some strange sick players. Therefore it seems I have developed some ways to "read" the signs of those guys and their babysitters. When they insist to behave like that, I bann them. I´m never in the mood to educate others.

Just fo some laughter, here are some my tips :)
There is one more thing that "quitters" have in common namely, a very high percentage of DNF (%)

Here is my list HiDNF-list helpful! - showing the highest DNF in percentage DNF (%) for the last 12 months and historically info aside, and which ranked as the fleet (%), which is a food for safer conclusions.

Mail me: and i send you the last list back- to whom ever ask: lazy.vsk5@gmail.som