Idea to a new boat model for VSK5

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
spetella
mousse

Idea to a new boat model for VSK5

Post by spetella »

Hi
I'm a sailer from Norway, member of Larvik Yacht Club

My Yacht Club will this year be the host of the World Championship for H-boats 2010. This event will take place 6.-14 of august.

I personally would find it interesting to sail a H-Boat in VSK.

This boat is the largest keel-boat class in Europe according to ISAF and the second largest in the world when it comes to number of boats used in competitions.

The boat was first developed in Finland 1967 and every details about the boat is to find at http://www.h-boat-class.org/

I hope someone else would find this idea interesting, so that this boat also could be awailable in VSK

BR
spetella
latindane
mousse

Post by latindane »

Hi spetella,

I would also be interested in this (and could see myself working on it). As I understand it, one of the most important pieces of information to design a realistic boat is the polar diagram (which relates wind speed, TWA, and sail configuration to boat speed).

I checked the link you posted but could not find a polar diagram there. Do you have access to one?

Cheers