3D Model - Latin Sail

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
mate
mousse

3D Model - Latin Sail

Post by mate »

Dear All,

as there were no replies to my initial post about this topic i was hoping to have a better chance second time.
Can someone tell me if they are interested approaching this "small project"?

We have some people working together on the model, but as i hear there are many guys in this forum that have way much experience hence i was hoping someone can help or give an advice....

Thanks
Brgds
Mate
pumpkin
Matelot

Post by pumpkin »

I am interested but I don't have much experience YET. I have been struggling with a few models for the last 4 months. Me in my infinate wisdom (joke of course) thought modeling was easier than it actually is.

I do know some people who might be willing to help you. Even though they are not sailors and are not involved in the VSK community, they have been helping me by teaching me how rather than doing it for me. While this is very frustrating, I do realize that I will be better off in the long run if I am serious about 3D modeling. Being that you say "it is a small project" I might be able to help.

One of the best 3D modelers in the VSK community is LoganADC. He created the J105, the Farr40, the Farr40V2 and the Swan 60. Maybe give him a shout and see if he is interested. Other than being a very experienced and creative modeler, he is a very nice guy. If you do get in touch with him tell him Mike and Donna say hello and he is very much missed at the FWYC.
mate
mousse

Post by mate »

thanks on yours, much appreciated.
I quote your below joke: "Me in my infinate wisdom (joke of course) thought modeling was easier than it actually is" :) - this is a good one, we all thought so...he he...
Under "small project" i was refering to the boat itself, as it has a very simple design, only one sail, very few details...in this respect i was lead to believe that it should not present a problem for someone that has created much more complicated models so far. However, i cannot judge something where i don't have experience.
One positive thing in this model i see in the fact that i own myself this kind of boat and have all necessary drawings, scripts, photos...and am well aware of boats behaviour on the water.

I will try to contact Logan as suggested. If you want i could send you some materials via email just so you can tell or confirm on the first view that this is not a vary big project...

Thanks
Brgds
Mate