Help-I cant view the boats I downloaded

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
chazw661
mousse

Help-I cant view the boats I downloaded

Post by chazw661 »

I have done everything correctly-The boat models are in "my documents/vsk5/boat folder etc...
I dont see them anywhere when I am in solo mode and on one of my new races. I also dont see them in "settings-boats" menu.
I have the game installed on another drive other than my C drive, could that be the problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

I dont know how installing the game in a drive other than C: will affect the game.

But just writing to make sure that if your baot folders are in Documents/VSK5, you do have a bought VSK5 and not the VSKOnline version or 32nd America's Cup game (the folders are different).
chazw661
mousse

Post by chazw661 »

Hey Camster..yes, I have the bought version of VSK5. The install put a VSK5 folder in My Documents with a boat folder in it. I cannot remember if the "boat" folder was in it already or if I created it, but its there in my documents on the C drive. Basically I have 2 drives on this computer..a C drive that is very fast, but full right now, and an E drive that is a little slower speed but plenty of room. I install programs on that drive that I do not need the speed to run.
The game works fine, just dont see any of the boats in the settings/boats menu or anywhere else within the game...very perplexing..
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

Did you unzip the boat files? You shouldn't, your Boats directory should be full of zip files.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.