Email address banned???

Whatever you want to talk about, do it right here!

Liese
Matelot

Email address banned???

Post by Liese »

Hi all,
I tried to login with my standard email adress
xxx@web.de
an my second email address
yyy@web.de

I received the message 'Email banned' from this site!

This is a domain, very often used in Germany . Any explanation why this domain seems to be not allowed?

Or are MY email addresses are not allowed and I have personal problems here?

Greets
Liese
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

The moderators here only have ability to moderate the forum posts & dont have the ability to ban domains or IP addresses.

I doubt if the webmaster has done this and it is more likely to be some problem higher up the internet chain I think.
billybrain
mousse

Post by billybrain »

There are some sites in which they are banning the users and Moderating the Forum in the Right way. I think these Forums are really good. I hope the Moderators will take the right decision before banning any users out of this Forum.
williams_john
mousse

Post by williams_john »

Its due because some forums have hard security to avoid spammers, may be you miss use it that why admin banned your email address.....
andynz

Post by andynz »

It is more likely that the webmaster points this site at a spam blacklist and the blocking is automatic as opposed to a specific decision - for example I know SpamCop's blacklist has web.de listed as do many other spam filter blacklists.

Also to just reitterate Camsters point - moderators here DO NOT have any banning permissions. As far as I know (as a moderator) nobody proactively monitors this server for spammers so my bet is its automated.

Cheers
Liese
Matelot

Post by Liese »

for example I know SpamCop's blacklist has web.de listed as do many other spam filter blacklists
I registered my web.de account approx 10 years ago and virtual skipper was the 1rst domain, which rejected my email address....
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

Guys, Billy Brain's IP address is in India and his post follows the pattern of recent forum spammers.
Alx
Matelot

Post by Alx »

herrin wrote:wow, where spammers are active there are other people too who are working against them and have made a website specially for this purpose :)
lol spammer
ttw2020.wordpress.com