WIP Snipe by Kahari

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
Kahari
mousse

WIP Snipe by Kahari

Post by Kahari »

Hello. This is a project i've been working on, hopefully with some help i will be able to get it ingame.

I might need some help with animations, textures and actually getting it ingame.

Objects:

Rudder
Centerboard
Hull + forestay
Mast
Boom
Spreaders + sidestays
Main Sail
(Jib)

The Snipe:

Final polycount triangulated will be around 4000
Kahari
mousse

Post by Kahari »

Some feedback would really be appreciated...
Andrea95
mousse

Post by Andrea95 »

pretty boat! :)
Kahari
mousse

Post by Kahari »

Thanks andrea!

I cannot believe that a sailing game this big can have such a dead forum, I guess this project is cancelled.
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

It would be a shame to cancel the project when you seem to have a good start, although this is still lots of work to go (as I'm sure you're aware).

I think the biggest problem is that most skippers want/like the big maxi boats as you see very few dinghies modeled. And I think this is because VSK is best at modeling keel boats and not so good at dinghies since you can't shift the crew weight around. I've never sailed a Snipe, but on my Laser where the crew weight is positioned is one of the most important sail "controls" on the boat.

I would volunteer to help you with the XML, but I don't know if I've got the time to make that kind of commitment. But I "do XML" for a living, so I'd be willing to help you get started.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

Post by kiwi_bardy »

Kahari wrote:Thanks andrea!

I cannot believe that a sailing game this big can have such a dead forum, I guess this project is cancelled.
It probably has several relatively 'dead' forums on other sites too. However it also has a LOT of really really active forums too. Many of the vsk clubs have their own forums dedicated to model development and beta testing. VSK-AUS for example has numerous focus groups.

I think you might just find that many of the active modellers don't see THIS forum as their primary focus. If you find the forums where people discuss modelling actively there is a lot of willing input available.

VSK-AUS has a number of modellers who have done great work on dinghys (Moth, Tornado, 18 Foot Skiff, 49er) and VSK-Fun have too (Star, 420er)
fosterbarry
Amiral

Post by fosterbarry »

What he said........ also the amount of work involved in getting a model 100% ready is enormous. I know of a model that has been on and off for over 2 years. Even with half a dozen guys on the job it's just sooooo hard. There have been models released after thorough testing and then errors discovered. Your model will be subjected to the harsh realities of public racing.

Modelling is not a path you should choose lightly in vsk. There can be many lonely nights.
Smile... it's good for the face!
Kahari
mousse

Post by Kahari »

Hey, thanks for all the replys.

I guess i'm the unactive one here. I'd need to get the 3d modelling softwares on my laptop to continue the work if i want the 3d part of the model done.

Canknot, thanks for offering a helping hand, but I haven't bought VSK yet and I don't know if I want to either. I hate making commitments and a yearly fee is one, maybe one day the snipe will sail on here. There are other simulators out there too.
Very Crankie Yankee
Amiral

Post by Very Crankie Yankee »

''
Last edited by Very Crankie Yankee on 04 Jan 2010, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Kahari
mousse

Post by Kahari »

Update :D
muchosarah
mousse

Post by muchosarah »

Salut bonne journée, juste en baisse de dire salut, Im juste nouveau ici vous faire partager mes idées et veulent aussi apprendre quelque chose de nouveau à vous tous,

rester en sécurité tout le monde,,,:)

:arrow:

Achatdesign Référence du bon de réduction