Installing third party boat models

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
CANKnot

Installing third party boat models

Post by CANKnot »

This information for installing third party boats comes from Kiwi Bardy, VSK-AUS and the AYC.
Kiwi Bardy wrote:3rd party custom boats go in a different place then the four Nadeo models (ACC, Offshore, Multi, Megles) that come with the game.

The Nadeo boats go in a boats folder under Program Files.

The 3rd party custom boats (VOR70, TP52, Libera A, VX40 etc.) all go in a boats folder under My Documents.

If you have the 32nd Americas Cup version (patched or unpatched) look under (and install 3rd party custom boats to):

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\32nd Amercias Cup\Boats

If you have vsk5 (the full version) then look under (and install 3rd party custom boats to):

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\VSK5\Boats

If you have vsk5Online (the free version) then look under (and install 3rd party custom boats to):

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\VSK5Online\Boats

When you install 3rd party custom boats follow the following steps:

1. download the installer .exe.
2. Make sure the game is NOT running. Shut it down if it is.
3. Run the installer .exe
4. During the running of the installer it will ask you to confirm which folder you want to install the boat files to.
5. Re-open the game.

NOTE: For models released BEFORE VSK5 came out this path will default to:

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\32nd Amercias Cup\Boats.

For models released AFTER VSK5 came out this path may default to:

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\32nd Amercias Cup\Boats

or

C:\My Documents\[insert your username here]\VSK5\Boats

depending on what the people who made the installer decided (it will probably be VSK5, but no gaurantees there)

Always make sure that before clicking continue/install that the path is set to either 32nd Americas Cup, VSK5 or VSK5Online - depending on which version you are running.
Update: VSK5Online users, particularly Windows XP Professional users, may want to read this post.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.