Destination Folder of Imported Boats

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
DGP69
mousse

Post by DGP69 »

Sandy,

Thanks for the tips. I'm actually importing your excellent looking map editor runabour which I downloaded off your website.

The problem I was having was due to the fact that the installer insists on putting the boat files in a "32nd America's Cup" folder in My Documents even though I specified I wanted it put in my "Vsk5" folder. Once I figured this out I just copied the files over into the correct folders and voila, it works!

I was a bit flummoxed by the fact that I had to create a Boats folder in the first place. I guess the default boats are held somewhere within the game itself to stop you messing with the performance characteristics eh?

See you on the courses.

Cheers,
Dom.
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll remove the link on Northspace till I have a new installer & I'll put a note on the announcement in this forum.
Rojoyinc
mousse

Post by Rojoyinc »

So once installed. (that was the easy part) how to load or call up a. Add on boat. In demo online version? Those options are greyed out?

I can load a add on boat if i rename it to say... Usa.zip. Then select that team, it replaces the default boat. Not ideal though.