Destination Folder of Imported Boats

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
Rich oot1960
Matelot

Destination Folder of Imported Boats

Post by Rich oot1960 »

Hi all,
With the release of the new patch it seems that the destination folder for which Imported Boats are installed to is the same at the present time as before the patch.

My question is that will the folder still be called the same or will it be different for those who are not upgrading from America's Cup but are installing the game fresh from http://www.virtualskipper-game.com/en/

We want to be sure of compatability for the future.

Regards
Rich
VSK-Aus
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

It seems that some people have purchased the new vsk5. The destination directory is not in "my doc\32nd.." anymore for them, but "my doc\vsk5". See this thread (in french). I suspect that when (if) the free version is out that will be in another third directory, possibly "my doc\vsk5online". That implies that either they change the destination directory themselves when installing custom boats, or we find a trick to find where it should go (reading a registry key I suppose). I will experiment a bit, but maybe someone from Nadeo can enlight us?
damdam
| Nadeo |

Post by damdam »

In Nadeo.ini file, there is a line : UserSubDir=XXX

and XXX reprensents the path after "my docs".
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Good point ! But how to locate this file if VSK is not installed in Program files ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
You want some fun ? Download the Melges Cube Image
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

Yes and even if this is the case you don't know if you should be looking for nadeo.ini in "program files\32nd.." or in "program files\vsk5" or whatever.

The same problem will occur for a registry key I guess. And I don't even mention those who will have both vsk32 and vsk5 and vsk5online and vsk4 eventually.

I suppose I will put a BIG RED explanation in the installation program instead, and that people will have to modify the target path manually according to what they have...
damdam
| Nadeo |

Post by damdam »

for Vsk5 :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vsk5_is1\Inno Setup: App Path

for Vsk5Online
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vsk5Online_is1\Inno Setup: App Path

for VskAc32:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VskAC32_is1\Inno Setup: App Path

those registry keys give the installation path.
In this path, there is the Nadeo.ini that gives you the user subdir's name.
Last edited by damdam on 03 Oct 2008, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Ok, thank's Damdam, now I've just to learn how to test if a registry key exists or not with Inno setup :D
Pierre - OhMonBato
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

I suppose that "for VskAc32" just under "for VskOnline" is a mistake ?
What's the difference between VSK5 and VSK5 Online ? there is 2 differents versions of VSK5 ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Please could you confirm the name of folders in My documents, depending of version used ?

32nd America's Cup : for VSK AC32, including patched version
VSK5 : for VSK5
VSK5Online : What's this version ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
damdam
| Nadeo |

Post by damdam »

("for VskAc32" just under "for VskOnline" was a mistake. fixed)

I confirm the folder names in "my documents" :
32nd America's Cup : for VSK AC32, including patched version
VSK5 : for VSK5
VSK5Online : free but time and feature limited version of Vsk5. upgradable by buying a activation key. not out at this time.

But the proper way of looking for the folder name in "my documents"
is to read the value in the Nadeo.ini file.
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Thank again ;)
Pierre - OhMonBato
Rich oot1960
Matelot

Post by Rich oot1960 »

Thanks for that input.
We all want to be correct in the way we do this. :D

Rich
http://www.vsk-aus.com/
tiger
mousse

Post by tiger »

i'm getting confused now.

i just downloaded and installed the patch. and the patch created a new folder called ...\32nd America's Cup-VSK5 the folders in there look like in the other ...\32nd America's Cup from the unpatched game.
but all the new boats (MaxiCat, Orma V2, open6.50, platu25) need to be in the old directory with all the other boats from the unpatched game. so what is the new directory for? why are there empty "boat" and "skins" folder in there? and why is there a 1:1 copy (by the looks) from the "GameData" folder?
which folder is the game drawing from? do i need new places where my game is installed?
DGP69
mousse

Post by DGP69 »

Hi all, I'm new here. I have a problem:

For some reason my version of vsk 5 (patched) doesn't have a boats directory anywhere. How is it that I have the default ACC, Multi, Melges and Offshore boats if I don't have a boats directory?

Needless to say I've tried installing imported boats straight into the vsk 5 directory but to no avail. Am I the only one with this strange configuration? How am I going to import 3rd party boats?

Thanks for any help,

Dom.
Camster
Vieux loup de mer

Post by Camster »

On the following llink you will find some information about location of these files. But usually if you accept the default in the Installer programme for the new model, it will go to the correct place (if you have a standard installation of VSK yourself).

Northspace Download Info