[VSK5] Musto Skiff

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
GBR13697
Capitaine

[VSK5] Musto Skiff

Post by GBR13697 »

The Musto Skiff is a single-handed sailing skiff with a length of 4.55m. It features a trapeze, asymmetrical spinnaker, wings and low weight and achieves speeds of over twenty knots which makes it one of the fastest single-handed sailing boats.
It was designed for the 2000 Olympic Class trials in Quiberon by Joachim Harpprecht where it won every race in the single-handed dinghy competition.
This is as near as I can get in a VSK5 custom boat.
You can download the installer in a zip file from:
http://www.tammyowl.btinternet.co.uk/Mu ... oSkiff.zip
Enjoy
GBR13697
Witch Doctor
Capitaine

Post by Witch Doctor »

I was going to check it out but the download file sent Avast antivirus into overdrive. Something about trojan-gen. Is there a file in there that happens to be named something like that?
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart!
GBR13697
Capitaine

Post by GBR13697 »

The only file in the zip is the exe. installer. Nothing different to any other download custom boat. I zipped it because some browsers object to downloading .exe files. Ther have been upwards of 90 downloads of the same file from VSK-Aus, so there is no problem with it.
GBR13697
Witch Doctor
Capitaine

Post by Witch Doctor »

Please don't think I was accusing you of distributing anything bad. I just thought there may have been a file that was named something similar that could have set off the alarm.

I had the same problem with the Moth when it came out. :?
GBR13697
Capitaine

Post by GBR13697 »

No problem. AV programs are very cautious these days, and rightly so.
You are downloading an executable file, and any .exe is capable of being a virus.
GBR13697
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

Witch Doctor wrote:I had the same problem with the Moth when it came out. :?
That would lead me to believe it is your AV program being a little paranoid. If you want to be sure get the file from a friend that you know has installed it and hasn't been infected. That should give you a little more confidence disabling your AV program while installing the boat.

Cheers,
Keith
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
Witch Doctor
Capitaine

Post by Witch Doctor »

I just bit the bullet and turned the thing off... I trust Nigel just fine. ;-)

The boat looks good, had a little trouble getting it going at first, but I'm no skiff sailor. Once I got it going downwind, I was able to keep it going upwind. (The course I tried it on dropped me in straight into the wind.)
cas-catter
mousse

Post by cas-catter »

yo guys I've got a question.. I have VSK 5 a few days now and I would like to download for instance the VOR 70 boat and the musto skiff boat+ the groupama really bad but when I downloaded the zipfile I just installed the application of the mustoskiff.. is that OK? and when I open the game I do not see any place where I can sail the thing.. could someone give me some pointers? thanks!
cas-catter
mousse

Post by cas-catter »

yo guys I've got a question.. I have VSK 5 a few days now and I would like to download for instance the VOR 70 boat and the musto skiff boat+ the groupama really bad but when I downloaded the zipfile I just installed the application of the mustoskiff.. is that OK? and when I open the game I do not see any place where I can sail the thing.. could someone give me some pointers? thanks!
cas-catter
mousse

Post by cas-catter »

cas-catter
mousse

Post by cas-catter »

cas-catter
mousse

Post by cas-catter »

David_Number1
Matelot

Post by David_Number1 »

Just set-up a race and click on the boat type and it will scroll through them
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

cas-catter wrote:yo guys I've got a question.. I have VSK 5 a few days now and I would like to download for instance the VOR 70 boat and the musto skiff boat+ the groupama really bad but when I downloaded the zipfile I just installed the application of the mustoskiff.. is that OK? and when I open the game I do not see any place where I can sail the thing.. could someone give me some pointers? thanks!
Each zip file contains an executable. You should run this installation program for each model.