[VSK5] RC44 is released

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
TOM2
mousse

[VSK5] RC44 is released

Post by TOM2 »

We proudly present the new boatmodel of the RC44 for 32nd Americas Cup.

You can download the model at www.vskfun.com

TOM
zab
Matelot

Post by zab »

A very great job Tom !!!! :D :D

Thank to all for this one, it's fun !!! a good mix !!!

BRAVO ! :D :D
olive.fr BBT
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

I like the boat having downloaded and installed it last night. Great job Tom - Thanks.

But, has anyone else experienced the psychadelic sea caused by the wakes of the boats? Or is it just me?

I loaded the vskipper.com skin and selected the malmo course for a quick play around, and was confronted with a purple-pink coloured wake from all of the boats. I know the vskipper.com skin is psychadelic in it's own right, but was not expecting that to flow into the sea!

I only had a quick play last night, and will have another go tonight to see if it repeats. I have not experienced it with any other boat to date.
Only ever regret tacks you take
admiral
Amiral

purpel coloured wake

Post by admiral »

I know of one instance where a purple colored wake would show. Ultimately the problem i believe was video driver / configuration issue.
I'll try and check out what the cause and respective remedy were,
since everybody seems to have gone on holidays this may take a while.

Can you let us know what your system/hardware configuration is?
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

Hi admiral,

System is Core 2 Duo E6600, 2GB RAM, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS 512MB RAM, Windows XP Media Centre Edition. Any other details you need? Haven't got access to driver info as at work now.

This is the first time I have experienced it though. Guess it is not down to the RC44 - which is good.

Cheers :D
TOM2
mousse

Magenta Waves

Post by TOM2 »

Hello Windysurf,

one user of the Beta tests had the same Problem with a Nvidia 8800.

At first use actual drivers vor your video cart and directX. In the next Step change your Videoresulution to the Resulution of your TFT Screen.
For Example: Don`t use 1280x960 if you have a TFT with 1280x1024.

I think the Videocart have a Problem with the interpolation of the Bump Mapping. I use a bigger Bumpmapping for the Stemwaves of this boat.

I hope that i can help you. Its hard to sail with a Austin Powers Version of the Boat. :D
If you can`t fix the problem you can ask Fixodernix. In some days he is back from Holiday. :)

TOM
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.
I previously downloaded the latest driver from the nVidia website for the Graphics card.
DirectX version I believe is 9c - not changed from original install of game. My monitor native resolution is 1680 x 1050 (22" WS LCD), and that is what I have it set at.

Will double check all tonight when I get home from work though.

Youare right about the Austin Powers look - definately not an easy sail :shock: :D

Thanks for your help with this

Cheers
Ian
Dolphin
Matelot

Post by Dolphin »

try using lower graphics quality in VSK5 set up and configs
TOM2
mousse

Magenta Waves

Post by TOM2 »

Hello together,

We investigate the Problem and find a way to fix the Problem with the magenta waves.

Please install the latest Version of graphic driver and Direkt X and then

test the Configuration in your VSK Startmenue

admiral
Amiral

Post by admiral »

As a follow up

I don't think its acceptable behaviour for a 300,- € graficcard to do.
If there is a configuration tweak to have the system behave as is should it should not be at a cost speed or quality. The Problem seems to be limited to nvidia graficcards only. I think they migh have an interest in the exact cause?

So please post what setting exactly makes things work as they should, or what setting is needed to make things work even when at a cost of speed and or quality or resolution.

tx.
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

Hi Tom,

Back in work this morning, so no access to VSK and PC until tonight, but will adjust configs to find setting that works. I am pretty certain that it is currently configured with the High Quality preset though.

I checked the Video card driver, and that was the latest one from Gigabyte. I need to check the nVidia site to see if there is a later one there though. Again will do that tonight. I will also try to find the latest DirectX 9c driver.

I went online last night to have a go at racing with the RC44, but gave up as the sea became very confused. I checked with the others to see if anyone else could see purple/pink wakes on the boats - after many lol's, one said that he had pink ones, another suggested that my resolution was probably set too high.

When I get on tonight, I will post a screenshot of the effect as well.

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Ian
Dolphin
Matelot

Post by Dolphin »

Well done Winsurf plz reply to whether this worked or not

P.S Admiral shhh till we know this worked or not plz

Yours Sincerely

Dolphin
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

Hi Tom, Dolhin and Admiral,

I did not get as much time as I needed last night, but, did manage to lose the purple wakes. (see below)
I first of all changed my preset config to None and lifted the shader quality to PC3 High as in Tom's example. I then checked the RC44, and all was good.
I loaded the newest nVidia driver (not Beta), and returned settings to Very High Quality, purple wakes came back. Took setting back to None, and purple wakes went away again.

Tonight Coronation Street is on, so that means I get a window of 1hr whilst my wife watches it. LOL. :D I will progressively increase the quality settings to see what effect causes the purple wakes.

Cheers
Ian
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

Hi guys,

OK, I kept increasing the quality, and it was the 'force motion blur' that brought the purple wakes back. Now this could just be a case of tipping the scales and have nothing to do with that effect, so I will try to lower the overall quality and keep motion blur on to see if the effect keeps repeating.

Will post back my findings
Windysurf
mousse

Post by Windysurf »

PC3 High or Low with motion blur causes purple wakes on my machine.
PC2 High with motion blur does not.

Interested to know what the link that seems to indicate this affects only nVidia cards that Admiral was referring to is??

Cheers
Ian