[VSK5] BoatParam.xml

Virtual Skipper 5 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 5 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

Alinoa wrote:
If only someone from Nadeo could tell us how to get the boat's lights working
We are checking the light problem, and we will give you an answer soon.
Finally some (bad) news from nadeo... It is a bug in the importer (or in the importer's documentation, depending on which side you stand).

A hell of a lot of time investigating wasted.

I went as far as reading all trackmania's forum (sigh), and I even succeeded to get a trackmania car floating in vsk just in case I could see the lights... a bit a pity.

:shock: :?
CANKnot

Post by CANKnot »

and I even succeeded to get a trackmania car floating in vsk
LOL, that is TOO funny.... so, when do we get a Ferrari to drive around the course?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
GBR13697
Capitaine

Post by GBR13697 »

I have been experimenting with SpiAsym, but I can't seem to get it working correctly. Is this a flat or 3D mesh? If it is 3D, how are the sail and the pivots aligned?
Thank you
GBR13697
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Alinoa wrote: Finally some (bad) news from nadeo... It is a bug in the importer (or in the importer's documentation, depending on which side you stand).
There is one ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
You want some fun ? Download the Melges Cube Image
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

I've defined ShiverAngleCurve in MainSail section.
As long I've only main sail it works fine but I soon I use genoa, main sail is flapping whatever the AWA.
I've try to define same ShiverAngleCurve param in Genoa section, I've tried also without ShiverAngleCurve param in genoa section without success.
Any idea where my pb could come from ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

This parameter is a bit hmm strange:
It controls not only when your sail begins to flap (for instance < 40 awa for tws 35) but somehow has an impact on when your sail begins to flap when not tied enough (got it? not only when awa is less than something, but when it is more than that but your sail is not tied enough).

So my best guess is that you have to adjust mainsail <optimalsailangle> for each sail, in the <OptimalSailAngleCurvesArray> section

Flappy, isn't it? :D
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Thank Maitai !

In fact I defined already OptimalSailAngleCurvesArray section. So I tried to remove it and now it works fine :D

Something else, I tried also to change surf value, but because I've no idea of the scale I've tried it from 1 to 40 and didn't see any change.
I've also some problem to find a race with waves like we had before on Porto Cervo in VSK4 for example, even in Nordic mode, but it's not the subject here anyway.
Can you explain me the influence of Surf parameter ? Thank by advance ;)
Last edited by OhMonBato on 12 Jun 2007, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre - OhMonBato
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

The <surf> parameter is both an acceleration and a decceleration factor, depending from where waves are coming from. The bigger the value, the more you will surf downwind (depending on the waves size), but also the more you will be slowed down upwind (this can be compensated somehow both ways by playing with the accelerationcurvesarray, a bit tricky). A good value is something between 2 and 3 from my own experience.

It is easy to test with a tropical map and waves set to the maximum.
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Does it mean that surf is only depending of the pitch ?
If it's the case perhaps I should "play" also with different pitch parameters (PitchSpeed, PitchInertia, PitchOscillation, PitchOscillationSpeed even if I don't have any idea what mean exacltly these parameters :D ) because for the moment I didn't observe any change in boat behaviour by playing with <surf> value
Pierre - OhMonBato
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

IMHO:

Set <surf> to 1, so it has no effect. Then adjust <PitchSpeed> and <PichInertia> so the boat behaves the way you want. (the 2 others are pretty much useless, and are used to simulate a kind of artificial oscillation). Then when this is ok you can start to adjust <surf>. Unless you have everything else wrong (accelerationcurves in particular), you should see something. :P
GBR13697
Capitaine

Post by GBR13697 »

I have been experimenting with SpiAsym, but I can't seem to get it working correctly. Is this a flat or 3D mesh? If it is 3D, how are the sail and the pivots aligned?
No-one has replied on this. Has no-one tried an asymetric? It seems to work well on the ACC, and gets round the problem of the Spi coming away from the boom end in manual. Unfortunately, in my tests, a flat mesh stays flat, and a 3d mesh seems to work backwards.
GBR13697
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Désolé, en français cette fois.

Pourquoi, même en mode manuel mon réglage change t-il en fonction de l'allure ? Est ce que cela vient du fichier XML ou est-ce une sorte de bug de VSK ?
Pierre - OhMonBato
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

Lol pas compris la question :) Tu parles de quel reglage?
OhMonBato
Amiral

Post by OhMonBato »

Avec VSK4, si je suis en manuel, que le reglage soit bon ou pas, sauf erreur de ma part ensuite je peux tourner virer avec mon bateau, la GV ne bouge pas d'un pouce.
Avec VSK5, je la vois bouger et pas qu'un peu ! Le curseur bouge aussi sans que je lui demande rien, il est con ce curseur, en manuel c'est moi qui lui dit quoi faire et là il m'obéit pas ! :cry: :wink:
Pierre - OhMonBato
maitai
Amiral

Post by maitai »

Ahh. Le mode manuel ne concerne que la voile d'avant. La GV continue de se regler automatiquement en fonction du vent apparant. Ca fait pareil avec l'ACC... Le curseur a l'interieur reste fixe et change de couleur, suivant que t'es bien regle ou pas. Le curseur a l'exterieur bouge quand tu changes d'amure, et donc que ta voile d'avant a du chemin a faire pour rejoindre ton point fixe. Enfin c'est comme ca que je vois ca 8)