improving the open60-model (lama60)???!!

Virtual Skipper 4 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 4 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.

tiger
mousse

improving the open60-model (lama60)???!!

Post by tiger »

hey you ambitious 3D-modellers.

what do you think of improving one of the first ever 3-models in the community by the Lamarsupio (Danyd). i think the model was a very good thing for its time. but i´m sure the knowledge of modelling and working out the polars and all that is much higher by now (see the newer models like vo70s, tp52s, swan45,...) . so why not improving this nice boat? rather than having loads of new boats that are only half developed (no offence to anyone, don´t get me wrong!!!), why not concentrating on improving some older models and making them up to todays knowledge and real designs. when i read that enthusiastic people looking for ideas for their models, here we go!!! put some more details on the boat, make the proportions of hull, mast and sails more realistic. make the polars better. i hope the lama is keen on sharing his model to improve it, if some people like the idea.
i just came to this, because this is what happend and happens some other models as well (acc2007, melges2, currently the orma60,....)

so? what do you think? its a unique boat....in real life and in vsk.
cheers

ps: at the same time i could ask, what´s actually up with the J-class? there was never a official release. i tried to install it, but it messed up my system, so i took it off again. will there be any further developments on this model?
Kwasi
Matelot

Post by Kwasi »

part of the problem is, that it is not open source.
The developer of the LAMA60 must first release his developer files to allow others to change or improve.
(Of course this also means, that polars would be public)
tiger
mousse

Re: improving the open60-model (lama60)???!!

Post by tiger »

thats what i meant with this:
tiger wrote: i hope the lama is keen on sharing his model to improve it, if some people like the idea.
is there a problem with "public polars"? didn´t know that they were kind of secret. or do i get you wrong? :? 8)
tiger
mousse

Post by tiger »

so it´s in nobodys interrest?
well, that´s a shame.

i imagine the open60 modelled and cinfigured to todays knowlege would make a nice boat to race with. and a lot of work is already done, given that lama opens his work to others.
waleed432
mousse

Post by waleed432 »

I have been working on a new custom boat, and have reached the stage where I have a 3d model that looks reasonable in the Settings screen after importing into VSK.
However, if I try to start a race using the prototype, most of the screen goes black and the game almost seizes up. The instruments are still just about visible, but the race area is completely black.
I assume that there is something wrong with my 3d model that VSK does not like. Anyone know what it might be?