Crew in new models

Virtual Skipper 4 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 4 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.

superkev
mousse

Crew in new models

Post by superkev »

I have downloaded several of the 'new' 3D models and see that there are no crew members present, or at least non are visible in my boats (resolution is HIGH). Is there any way of introducing them, purely as eye candy, to these new boats. I must state here that the ones I have downloaded are, at least for me, masterpieces in design and far above anything I could produce. :D :D
euphoria
Amiral

Post by euphoria »

Is there any way of introducing them
No sorry, it is not possible to add crew members on custom boats.

Harald
mholguin
Capitaine

Post by mholguin »

Out od curiosity.. why not?
Regards,

Marino
Boat name: Resaca DOM
euphoria
Amiral

Post by euphoria »

Because it wasn't time to do it in the development window. We almost didn't get the boat importer either, but they managed to finish this later and release it as an addon. I assume it was not possible to make crew a part of the addon.

Harald
I-37462
mousse

Post by I-37462 »

prbably because the number of crew and position depend on boat and manouver type and wind direction...

If so, you need to give the number of people and all the position assumed regard the manouver and wind direction... probably this is not (currently?) available with the actual boat design tools
PeterB
mousse

Post by PeterB »

it would be posible to add some motionless people in the deck, like any other object?

Realy, no need all crew, only avoid the "ghost ship" look.

I think it would improve viewing, especially in small boats.
andynz

Post by andynz »

PeterB wrote:it would be posible to add some motionless people in the deck, like any other object?
Guess you could.... but if included in the model they would be the same on both tacks though I would think ! (ie. unmovable).... would look llike Sail Simulator where they end up always in the middle of the boat :)
PeterB
mousse

Post by PeterB »

Of course Andy, immobile people is not the ideal, but maybe an improvement in front of empty boats, and the only choice.

Same for video intros in the game, you see many immobile spectator people on the docks; it´s not perfect, but empty docks is worse.

Neither are perfect crew movements in the game (in any game), but are much better than none.