[VSK4] VO70

Virtual Skipper 4 offer the possibility to import own boat 3D models.<br>
3D artists and players can now meet here to share models and advices.<br>
Virtual Skipper 4 offre la possibilité d'importer vos propres modèles 3D de bateaux.<br>
Les artistes 3D et les joueurs peuvent maintenant se réunir ici pour partager leurs modèles et conseils.

Chrisgino

Post by Chrisgino »

Yep, good job.
Modérateur de la partie Française NON privée ;)
---------------------
PC Fait maison - Athlon 64 / 3000+ - CG PCIe 6600GT /256 - Cable DL 4048 Ko
badboys
mousse

template and skin VO70

Post by badboys »

template VSKipper and some skins is on line download/... www.vskipper.com

hambone1785 wrote:first, awesome job . . . second, is there somewhere we can get some skins for this new volvo?
Stefano sk badboys
Admin www.vskipper.com - www.vsk.it
Chrisgino

Post by Chrisgino »

Thanks, I make my market :)
Modérateur de la partie Française NON privée ;)
---------------------
PC Fait maison - Athlon 64 / 3000+ - CG PCIe 6600GT /256 - Cable DL 4048 Ko
Termite
mousse

VOR70 Spinnaker

Post by Termite »

Does anyone have a picture of a real volvo boat under spinnaker.?
I have only seen them using an assymetrical. Including the Baltimore InPort Race, I was there for the whole thing and they had only assymetricals flying. Wind was abt12 kts dropping to 6 kts early in lap 3 btw.

Just curious if anyone else knows.
andynz

Re: VOR70 Spinnaker

Post by andynz »

Termite wrote:Does anyone have a picture of a real volvo boat under spinnaker.?
I have only seen them using an assymetrical. Including the Baltimore InPort Race, I was there for the whole thing and they had only assymetricals flying. Wind was abt12 kts dropping to 6 kts early in lap 3 btw.

Just curious if anyone else knows.
Here is one with the pole on Ericsson and another of Movistar - I know many of the Farr boats elect to leave the spinnakers and poles onshore... especially during the in-port races (don't think the wind gets strong enough) - cannot remember if the rules allow you to take both ?

Image Image
Bull9000
mousse

Post by Bull9000 »

Andy that picture on the bottom is still an assymetric, note the tack line attachment to the bow and the clew angle at the tack along with the black line on the luff, this is used for night trimming, the pole is used on assy's to bring the tackline more to windward for a better angle of the kite, that kite looks like an A3 size.
I would be 99% sure the first pic is an assymetric aswell, giveaway is the twa sailing, jockeypole placement and the depth of the pole to the deck, when big conventional kites are used they tend to sit a lot higher on the pole, due to the fact that they drag otherwise in light patches, and a big A sail has a higher cut clew for lighter winds that can get a boat along better than a conventional.
No i haven't seen any pics of a conventional kite on them either.
eMOTION
Matelot

Post by eMOTION »

Some links to Volvo70 photos:
Leg 1 Starts - Downwinds
www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/photos/05/vor1114
Ericsson Training with SP (assymetric)
www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/photos/05/ericsson0914
That question of assymetric only is a good question for the crews.
So now I'd have to run to Annapolis now, wouldn't I? :?
andynz

Post by andynz »

Bull9000 wrote:Andy that picture on the bottom is still an assymetric, note the tack line attachment to the bow and the clew angle at the tack along with the black line on the luff, this is used for night trimming, the pole is used on assy's to bring the tackline more to windward for a better angle of the kite, that kite looks like an A3 size.
I would be 99% sure the first pic is an assymetric aswell, giveaway is the twa sailing, jockeypole placement and the depth of the pole to the deck, when big conventional kites are used they tend to sit a lot higher on the pole, due to the fact that they drag otherwise in light patches, and a big A sail has a higher cut clew for lighter winds that can get a boat along better than a conventional.
No i haven't seen any pics of a conventional kite on them either.
Yeah I agree Ken but these were as close as I could find :D
maybe they run a small chicken chute in really heavy weather rather than an assy?
badboys
mousse

Post by badboys »

VO70 "vskipper.com" skin templatee vsk4 >>>download --- http://www.vskipper.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=8<<<
Stefano sk badboys
Admin www.vskipper.com - www.vsk.it
UlteriorModem
Capitaine

Post by UlteriorModem »

ilMostro wrote:for the cockpit view ... wait next version sorry
i wait more suggestion from communities for buil new release and i think not before 1 month

bye
Thanks for considering this. The cockpit view was the only flaw in an otherwise absolute gem of a model !